Welcome to the Albany-Tula Alliance Essay Contest!
Win Prize Money and Enhance Your College Resume
The Albany-Tula Alliance was formed in 1991 to encourage cultural, educational and business exchanges between the greater Capital Region of New York and our sister city of Tula, Russia. Throughout the past quarter century there have been many exchanges, each one helping everyone involved to better understand people from the other country. Unfortunately, government relations between our two countries are currently strained. Nonetheless, friends of the Alliance on both sides continue to work together as citizen diplomats. Our efforts may over time help to improve our governments’ relationship. With this in mind, the Albany-Tula Alliance is offering an Essay Contest for interested Capital Region students.
Identify and discuss ways in which Russia and the U.S. have worked together successfully to solve problems and how they can continue to work together on partnerships of mutual interest to create a more harmonious world and improve lives.
For this essay you may choose from themes suggested below or suggest a theme that inspires you. Possible areas to consider include:
- Artist collaborations in theater, music, dance, film, etc…
- Scientific collaborations in aerospace travel, nonproliferation, climate change, disease control, etc…
- New Technology collaborations in the retail or start-up sector like web and social media applications, e-commerce, communication devices, ad marketing, etc…
- This contest is open to students in high school through the first year of college.
- Essay must contain at least 1500 words.
- Essay must include 5 or more citations from research documents.
PRIZES: In addition to prize money, winning essays will enhance your college resume!
- First Prize: $1000.
- Second Prize: $500.
- Third Prize: $250.
- Registration deadline for students: Friday, March 4, 2016
- Essay submission deadline for students: Friday, April 15, 2016
- Reception to honor all contestants and announce winners: Thursday, May 5, 2016
GET STARTED NOW!
We are very excited to know that you are interested in this wonderful opportunity! Now, to get started, simply download and complete this short REGISTRATION PAGE (PDF), then scanning it and returning it (as a PDF) to: email@example.com. After reviewing your registration for accuracy the Albany-Tula Alliance Education Committee will email you a “receipt of submission.” You are then welcome at that point to complete the essay and submit anytime before the deadline date of April 15, 2016 to the same email address. Should you have any questions, you’re welcome to email us at the same address. Emails are checked daily.